Monday, July 11, 2011

Extreme Classroom Makeover! (The Beginning...)



Over the past few weeks I have been slowly moving into my classroom. This is no easy feat!! Less than three weeks to induction + a second floor classroom = one tired momma! Even though this is only the second year my building will be occupied (it was built just in time for last year), I will be the third teacher to be in this room. This means A LOT of organizing and cleaning. Thank goodness for my sweet Matthew! He has been such a big help! From scraping the (yuck!!) glue dots left behind on every surface, carrying my massive collection of bins and boxes, to organizing my mountain of math manipulatives, he has been amazing!! Here are some before shots of my classroom.

Future classroom library location.

Back cabinets (see the glue dots?)

It's hard to see, but there is a long green counter that stretches the whole length of the wall... I don't know how I feel about this yet...

The front of my room.












































I forgot to take shots of my amazing closet! It is HUGE and connects my classroom to that of another teacher (who just happens to be the person I did my final internship with) but is full of leftover things from the previous occupants- mostly math manipulatives!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! What a nice big classroom! Can't wait to see the finished product. :)

    - Elizabeth
    http://firstyearinthe3rdgrade.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I also teach 3rd...but I'm in my 2nd year. I just wanted to say hi and good luck with teaching and baby!
    -Audrey
    http://mrsestblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am jealous of your classroom! I work in an older open school so we don't have actual walls except exterior walls and no closets. I would die for a closet :) Good luck with the arrival of your little boy. I had my first child on May 24th. Its an amazing experience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth and Mrs. E- Thanks! I now follow your blogs ;)

    Mrs. Hahn- I am SUPER excited about my amazing room. My only complaint is that my air is controlled by my AP and he doesn't seem to understand that at 37 weeks pregnant I want my room COLD!! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your new placement and mommy to be! What an exciting summer for you! Good luck with the new school year and your little one. :)

    WILD About First Grade!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ashley! I just came across your blog. I also teach 3rd grade. This will be my second year! I am also a Christian too, which is a HUGE part of me & my life. Welcome to the blogging world :)

    ReplyDelete