Monday, July 11, 2011

Parent/Teacher Communication

I believe that parent/teacher communication is vital to a successful school year. In my internships I saw what lack of communication can lead to...scary!
In order to prevent that I created a weekly communication tool. I have seen behavior calendars that either the teacher or student fills out, but I wanted something that had students take responsibility for their behavior and work habits in the week AND allowed the parents and I to write comments if needed. I whipped up this little form! I am quite pleased :)  I plan on copying this front to back and slipping it in a pocket protector that will go in my students' homework folders (ahh another thing on my "to-do" list). {HERE} is a copy of my creation! Enjoy!
What do you use for weekly communication?? I would love new ideas!

4 comments:

  1. Our school purchases planners for us to use for parent communication. I also use a similar form for extra communication for students who need it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blog land, teaching, and parenthood!! I added you to my Sqworl list! http://sqworl.com/zgdzaj
    Julie
    Thoughts of a Third Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim- We have planners that the school purchases as well, but I wanted something that I could collect and file to keep a record of my contact with parents.

    Julie & Mrs. Hahn- Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete